12 medium or large prawns, deveined with tails in tact
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/2 cup sliced green beans
1/4 cup snow peas
2 tablespoons of diced shallots
1 tablespoon minced fresh red chili
2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup roasted unsalted cashews
salt & pepper to taste
2 kaffir lime leaves (one leaf=both segments), center spine removed, sliced thinly
Fresh coriander for garnish
Squeeze of lime juice (or lemon juice)
Remove the heads of the prawns and de-vein them by slitting the back. Rinse prawns and pat dry with paper towel. Squeeze some lime juice and a generous dash of black pepper to marinate the prawns. Keep it in refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan or wok.
2. Add garlic, shallots and red chili. Fry until fragrant.
3. Toss in sugar and turmeric powder. Do a quick stir.
4. Drop the prawns in and pan fry on medium fire. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add green beans, snow peas and cashews
6. When prawns look done (meat turns opaque white), add salt & pepper to taste. Turn the heat up to get the extra crunch for the prawns in the last 30 seconds.
7. Set on plate and sprinkle with kaffir lime leaves, and a few coriander leaves .
8. Add a squeeze of lime juice over the prawns and enjoy!