Saturday 6th June is the day and Lennox Head is the place.
The Love Lennox Festival kicks off at 9am and the road will be closed from Lois Buckett Real Estate all the way down to Seagrass, and spreading out to special events at Club Lennox, the Community Centre and the Primary School.
The program includes:
- Welcome to Country with our returning Bundjalung elder Aunty Bertha Kapeen.
- The Flavours of Lennox will showcase the vast array of fabulous food that our town has to offer, with the opportunity for patrons to enter a prize draw through the People’s Choice Award.
- The Festival Stalls are a range of community groups and local businesses.
- There will be Local shopping specials everywhere.
- The Love Lennox Dog Show brought to you by The Canine Perspective, is an opportunity for dog owners to have a bit of fun and raise money for charity.
- Club Lennox is hosting a Paper Plane Competition.
- Old McDonald’s Farm will be here donated by Lennox Head Pre School.
- Spaghetti Circus is coming to perform and teach us a thing or two.
- Listen to wonderful Pop up storytime sessions with Ballina Shire Libraries.
- Pilates sessions with Lifeworks.
- All sorts of musicians coordinated by Tintenbar Up Front, including the invigorating Samba Blistaas who will be the finale festival performance.
- But that’s not all! Milly from Rock of Ages presents the Love Lennox Art Show from 2pm in the meeting room of the Lennox Cultural and Community Centre, with live music outside.
- An amateur photo competition will be hosted on Instagram and Facebook, judged by artists from Lennox Arts Collective.
- The Lennox Head Primary School and Lennox Lions are hosting the Town and Gown Exhibition at the primary school.
- In conjunction with Love Lennox Festival, the first ever Jazz Festival Jazz by the Sea will be at the Lennox Cultural and Community Centre from 7pm.