Last month new local online business Made In Lennox launched. It provides a leg up for locally based businesses to sell their wares. From now on we will be profiling one of the dozens of participating businesses each month in The Lennox Wave, asking them the same set of questions each time.
This month we meet Kate Smith from Kind-Necessi-Tea.
1. Why did you start your business?
Kind-Necessi-Tea happened very organically for me. It all started because I wanted to be able to share my knowledge and passion for herbal medicine and make experiencing the benefits easily available to my friends and family. My first ever creation was ‘Peace Cloud’ to help promote a peaceful sleep, it is still my best seller today.
It was when they started seeing results, that my first followers started offering to pay for the products. For me I was never financially motivated and had no idea it would turn into what it has now.
Quite quickly my soul purpose of Kind-Necessi-Tea was to promote more Random Acts of Kindness in the local community, while sharing my passion and knowledge for herbal medicine.
2. What is the philosophy that drives Kind-Necessi-Tea?
My products are made with love in small batches from my home in the beautiful Lennox hinterland, using only 100% organic ingredients and packed into biodegradable and compostable packaging.
3. What’s been your biggest lesson along the way?
Don’t rush, let things happen organically. ‘Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.’ – Lao Tzu
4. What do you love most about your business? I love that I can help people to improve their health and wellbeing, but the look on somebody’s face when I deliver a Random Act of Kindness is unbeatable! It fills my heart with joy to see the ripple effect of true kindness that isn’t seeking recognition.
5. Why do you think your products are good? They have been created and blended with pure love and joy. I often get told from my customers that not only do they taste great and offer medicinal qualities but they overall just make them feel nourished deep in their soul.